torsdag 12 februari 2009

Cargo Hover Truck [WIP]

Click the image to enlarge it
















Posting a "Work In Progress" so I don´t forget the lessons learned:

1. I have truly learned the value of good concept art, or decent blueprints.
My first doodle was on a napkin, but even if the one I drew in photoshop were better, it really lacks detail on many places. This led to lots of trial and error on places where the original sketch was undetailed. I finally print-screened the model as far as I had come, then painted a new sketch on top of that. That really helped. (the main problem was the truck, the cargo was much more easy)

2. The "hover" thingies were really tough, they still aren't very impressive, but I need to move on. I'm hoping that details in the texture and normalmap will help them look more interesting.

3. Doing my own splits, since you cannot always count on triangulate to make the tris lay themselves out in a decent way

This is probably the most serious model I have done, but I already have tons of ideas for the next model! Something with guns! :-P

Inga kommentarer: