tisdag 2 augusti 2011

City Paintover

So, choosing a photo from Hong Kong, I started with the task to do paintovers, to make the same image tell different stories.




The original photo is pretty neutral with a very white sky.
















The post apocalyptic one was probably the most fun to do, since there was no real limit to what I could do with the image. I should have made the trees more dead though.













The sign "Primavera" could use some work to blend in more, or maybe I should have done the text in 3D... I need a better technique to make the people more believable, they still look a bit unrealistic











More people would have been nice :-D















This was one crazy idea that didn't fly at all :-I

I started to exchange so much stuff that the base almost dissapeared, and still it just felt like a more red day than usual. The hovercars in the sky was a last ditch effort to make it seem otherworldly but they don't really look good.

I just didn't know how to fill the empty spaces I created... Oh well.

It was all really fun to do though, next one will be more painting and less photo.

Inga kommentarer: